Wednesday 18 April 2012

Studio Day 3

It was another superb day in the studio today. Everything is now recorded which leaves me with two days to mix and master everything. I got there first thing in the morning to sort out the piano from yesterday, it actually took me longer than I though but it was done by lunch time. My Dad then came in to record the vocals for the track, called Tryweryn. This came out very well but I still need to tinker with the piano to get the sound that I'm after, this will be done Friday. My cousin, Arwel then came in to record the final song with my Dad, called Dognau, he played the cornet for the track. Out of all the songs I feel this is the one that captures the essence of the 50's folk music in Wales the most. This is because of the freedom I had to develop the melody in a more fun and non serious manor, as the rest of the tracks have a more serious lyrical context to them. The choice of cornet could be seen as a strange one, but I felt it suited the theme of the song which was about the rationing after the WWII very well as brass instrument were very common during this time. Overall, I'm very pleased with how the last two days have gone, seeing the songs I have written come to life is definitely the most enjoyable part of the project. The next two days is going to be a bit slower and all about really capturing the sound of the 50s.



No comments:

Post a Comment